From its inception at the First Health Assembly in 1948 and since taking effect in 1950, World Health Day has aimed to create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organization. Over the past 50 years this has brought to light important health issues such as mental health, maternal and child care, and climate change. Today we are going take a look at Univera Serve First®, Univera’s philanthropic arm dedicated to addressing the nutritional needs of at-risk children and families worldwide.
Univera utilizes Serve First to carry on our founder’s legacy by bringing the best of nature to the humankind. This purpose is woven into our company’s philosophy of sharing our resources and knowledge to make the world a better place for others. With years of research dedicated to capturing and delivering the healing power of plants, Serve First is uniquely positioned to deliver much needed nourishment to the growing bodies of young impoverished children.
As a public charity dedicated to reducing hunger worldwide, Univera Serve First® works with various partners to ensure that the generous monetary donations made by Univera Associates, Customers, Corporate staff, and the public at large —which are then matched dollar-for-dollar (grant up to 36,000 annually) by Univera— go directly to those most in need.
Here are some incredible Serve First statistics:
- An astounding 99.8% of donations go directly to those in need because of our amazing volunteers.
- Year after year, Serve First donates more than 1,500,000 servings of food and life-saving vitamins.
- In 2019, Serve First will donate more than 400,000 servings of Vitamin A to at-risk children.
- Serve First partners locally and globally with other organizations to provide relief across the globe
including, Food Banks and children’s organizations across North America. Globally with
Vitamin Angels, Feed the Children, Batey Relief Alliance, and more!
Learn more: servefirst.org
How Can I Help?
1. Make a pledge to help one of our most important treasures: our children. Everyone deserves a fair start. With your donations, we will make it happen. With each product order placed by a Univera Associate, Univera Serve First® invites them to pledge $5, $10, or $25 each month through their Convenience Plan. Univera, Inc. then matches any donation made – dollar for dollar – up to $100,000 annually.
These donations, combined with those of Univera Serve First, help fund donations of Essentials as well as other much-needed nutritional supplies to at-risk children in the United States and overseas, including victims of natural disasters.
To make a one-time or additional value donation, please contact Univera Customer Care at (877) 627-4787 / (800) 363-1890 for Canada.
2. You can participate in our 5k Run! 100% of proceeds from registration go to Nourish Pierce County. We will also be having a kid’s fun run. Even if you can’t run, please consider registering as a donation to the Nourish Pierce County. All runners who register before April 15th will receive a free T-Shirt!
Learn more: Serve First 5k Run