Greetings to our Univera Nation of Associates! Several years ago, Univera presented a session at Convention called the “Top Ten Compliance Mistakes Univera Associates Make (And How to Fix Them).” Because five years have passed since that session, we wanted to update the presentation a bit and offer it to you as a kind of checklist to ensure you are complying with Univera Policies and Procedures (and the law).
These are some of the largest compliance issues our Associates still struggle with from time to time, updated for current practices and with a few comments added for clarity. Please take a bit of time to evaluate how you’re doing on these issues.
- NOT READING THE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- The Policies and Procedures are full of information. Each of these mistakes is addressed within the policies.
- You may only have one account per family unit and one distributorship per household in most circumstances. Consult with Compliance if there are special considerations.
- We market dietary supplements, not drugs. The rule to keep in mind that will most often be right: if there is a drug out there that does it, you can’t claim it!
- Selling via online sales platforms like Amazon or eBay is prohibited by the Policies and Procedures. Associates may not purchase more inventory than you can re-sell or consume in three months. It also doesnt’ make good financial sense to purchase more than that amount.
- This rule, which is more strict than EVER before, is that you may not make income claims, projections, or guarantees. Don’t tell people how much money you make/made. Don’t show commission checks or bank statements to others.
- Only hypothetical income examples to demonstrate the operation of the Compensation Plan are permitted with a disclaimer (which you’re likely seeing on new Univera corporate materials).
- Use the Guarantee Certificate available in the Back Office. Ensure you know what the Return Policy actually is:
- Associates and Customers have a 90-day, 100% money-back guarantee. This does not include shipping and handling!
- 90 days is calculated from the date of the order.
- Only applies to products ordered from an Associate or Univera, not via unauthorized outlets.
- Returns must follow the correct process with Customer Care.
- This is not a business guarantee! A guarantee on products is not a guarantee on the entire business of being an Associate.
- Some people just want to try the product out before committing to being an Associate. These people should be enrolled as Customers, not Associates. They don’t need to give their SSN’s or sign a contract to follow the P&P’s as a Customer. If they want to be Associates to get the discount, direct them to the Gift Card program or Loyalty Club.
- Do NOT enroll them as Associates if they do not want to be. This is compensation plan manipulation, as well as a legal issue if they have not consented to a contract.
- This is prohibited in the Policies and Procedures. We are all trying to get to the same place; please act professionally.
- You must have turned in an Accout/Credit Card Authorization Form in order to do this or to use others’ credit cards – the form is available via Customer Care.
- Social media posts are subject to all advertising rules and policies. But, most importantly, people are just not using social media enough! Use the social media guides found in the Back Office for tips on how to get started and how to remain compliant!
If you have any questions about the above, do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.