Social media, combined with permission marketing, can be an effective means of connecting with existing and potential Associates and Customers. However, social media can present many challenges from a compliance standpoint. It is searchable with keywords and tends to stay around a long time. Therefore, you want to be careful about the messaging.
Before you post, remember these general rules:
- Use product claims provided by Univera Corporate on the website, in its marketing materials, and on the packaging.
- State that the products support or maintain systems of the body (ie. the circulatory system, the brain function, and the immune system).
- Promote only recommended uses of the products as described in Univera Corporate marketing materials.
- Whenever you make a claim about a product’s benefit, place an asterisk (*) behind the claim, and at the bottom of your post provide the FDA Disclaimer: *This statement has not been evaluated by the Federal Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Pandemic-Related Product Postings:
- Do not use any reference to the pandemic, directly or indirectly (ie. Covid-19, Coronavirus, the virus, “In these scary times”), to sell Univera products.
- The term “boost,” as in “boost your immunity,” should not be used.
- Avoid making any claim about how much money can be earned from the Univera opportunity.
- If you do make an earnings claim, provide the following disclaimer at the end of the post: Based on 2019 statics, Associates reach “Associate” rank, on average, within one month of joining Univera and typically earn a monthly commission of $79 US/$44 CAN. Please see Univera Income Disclosure Statement.
- Use the word “freedom” and avoid using the term “financial freedom.”
- Use the term “supplemental income” and avoid using the term “residual income.”
Pandemic-Related Earnings Postings:
- Do not use any reference to the pandemic, directly or indirectly (ie. Covid-19, Coronavirus, the virus, “In these scary times”, “Since so many people have lost their jobs”), to promote the Univera opportunity.
Weight Loss Claims:
- If you make a weight loss claim, use the following disclaimer: These statements reflect the actual experience of each Independent Univera Associate and are anecdotal only. Typical weight loss is 2-3 pounds per week after the first 2 weeks.
If you have any questions regarding these or any other compliance matters, please feel free to reach out to Renee Cogdell Lewis at email@example.com.