This month we are focusing on Nutrition! Proper nourishment is the key to feeling your best!
Univera Essentials® is a delicious, all-in-one superfood that provides protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals, all in a natural berry blend.
Essentials provides an excellent balance of amino acids from an easily digested form of whey protein. It’s formulated with a comprehensive vitamin B blend including thiamin (B1), riboflavin (B2), vitamin B6 (P5P), folic acid, and vitamin B12, as well as a breakthrough patented, soluble dietary fiber (Fibersol®).
Here’s a breakdown of these ingredients and why they are so good for you!
You could say that B vitamins are vital to the human body’s necessary functions. They help to convert carbohydrates into energy and also help to metabolize fats and protein in the body. They promote a healthy liver, skin, hair, and eyes and even help the work of the nervous system. In addition to all of this, each B Vitamin has unique and powerful functions:
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
- Helps strengthen immune system
A lack of Vitamin B1 may cause headaches, nausea, fatigue, irritability, depression, and abdominal discomfort.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Antioxidant that fights harmful particles
- Helps to change vitamin B6 into a form that the body can use
- Helps red blood cell production
A lack of Vitamin B2 may cause fatigue, slowed growth, digestive problems, cracks and sores around the corners of the mouth, swollen magenta-colored tongue, eye fatigue, swelling and soreness of the throat, sensitivity to light.
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
- Helps to maintain healthy nerve cells
- Helps in the production of DNA and RNA (genetic material)
A lack of Vitamin B12 may cause shortness of breath, nervousness, numbness, tingling sensation in the fingers and toes, diarrhea, and fatigue.
Vitamin H (Biotin)
- Recommended for strengthening hair and nails
A lack of Vitamin H may cause hair loss, dry scaly skin, cracking in the corners of the mouth, dry eyes, loss of appetite, fatigue, insomnia and depression.
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)
- Important for the production of red blood cells and stress-related hormones
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Helps the body use other vitamins
A lack of Vitamin B5 may cause insomnia, depression, fatigue, irritability, vomiting, stomach pains, burning feet, and upper respiratory infections
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- Important for brain development and function
- Helps the production of hormones serotonin and norepinephrine, which affects mood and sleep cycle
- Helps to absorb vitamin B12
- Helps in the production of red blood cells and immune system
A lack of Vitamin B6 may cause muscle weakness, nervousness, irritability, depression, difficulty concentrating, short-term memory loss.
Fibersol® (patented, soluble dietary fiber)
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract and promotes regular bowel movements
- Helps slow digestion which can lead to a decrease in cholesterol levels over time
A lack of fiber may cause constipation, gastrointestinal disease, constipation, hemorrhoids, high cholesterol, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and some forms of cancer.