When you have a great product result, you want to share your excitement with others. But, it can be tempting to discuss experiences outside of our established, substantiated claims. While your experience is true to you, nutritional supplements are highly regulated. As an independent Associate and business owner, you must comply with government regulations.
This is especially important when participating in social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. What happens on the internet stays on the internet. Be cautious about what you post and refrain from posting comments that may be misleading or questionable.
Here are some additional tips for product testimonials that can help you frame your story powerfully, yet compliantly:
DO emphasize the benefits of using well-researched, natural products and supplements to help maintain a healthy body and outlook. Share the changes in your life – participating in sports, playing with your children or grandchildren, or going on an adventure-filled trip.
DON’T discuss “miracle cures,” diseases, illnesses, or injuries. Univera is not a manufacturer of drugs, and we cannot state or imply that our products are an alternative for either prescription or over-the-counter drugs.
Examples of powerful, yet compliant testimonials:
- As a busy professional, I was feeling run down and having trouble keeping up with my busy schedule. I added Univera products to my wellness program and felt better. I began to see improvement in many areas such as mental focus and clarity, joint flexibility, strength, and stamina. Not only am I able to get more done, I’m now training for a 5K.
- Before I began taking Xtra®, I felt exhausted most days and had very little energy. After 30 days on this powerful supplement, I feel a new sense of wellbeing and I am again able to do many things I once enjoyed. Overall, I feel healthier and find it much easier to deal with everyday problems. Thanks Univera.
- Rhythmatix® makes me feel better about my overall heart health! I recently started eating better and exercising more and decided to add Rhythmatix to my routine to promote healthy blood circulation. I feel so much better and know that my health and wellness are on the right track.
Income and earning potential with Univera must not be stated in hard dollar amounts. It is not allowed under Univera’s Policies and Procedures and the Federal Trade Commission prohibits such activity.
In addition, you must be careful about promoting the potential tax advantages of having a Univera business. Because every person’s situation is different, no specific claims can be made. Also, you should consistently refer other Associates to their tax advisor.
An effective way to promote income potential is to point out what you have been able to do with your new income:
Compelling and Compliant:
- “I earned enough money working part-time in Univera to stay at home with my kids.”
- “I was able to pay off my credit cards.”
- “I saved enough money from my business income to pay for my daughter’s wedding.”
- “I am able to travel more.”
- “I save money on my taxes in consultation with my tax advisor.”
Troublesome and Potentially Misleading:
- “I made $10,000 in my first three months.”
- “I was able to buy a $750K home.”
- “I make $4000 a month working part-time.”
- “Let me show you my most recent check.”
- “You can save 25% on your tax bill”
Whenever discussing earnings please be sure to refer a lead or other Associate to the earnings disclaimer as any representation or guarantee of earnings, whether made by Univera or an independent Univera Associate could be misleading. Success with Univera results from successful sales efforts, which require hard work, diligence, and leadership. An individual’s success depends on how effectively they exercise these qualities.
Working together, we can all build strong businesses based on solid and compelling product and financial stories. This protects everyone for a prosperous future.
This post is also available in: Français