Did you know you can substitute Aloe Select for olive oil in your favorite salad dressing? Now you do!
We all love a good salad – it’s crunchy and fresh and there are endless variations. Plus, a well-made salad can encompass the rainbow of vegetables and fruits needed for good health.
And, we all love Aloe Select with its immune and digestive benefits!* So, it only made sense to try Aloe Select in a lovely raspberry vinaigrette. This vinaigrette is great for packing in your lunch or serving at a formal dinner. And by replacing some of the oil, you get the benefits of Aloe with less fat.
For my salad, I started with a full base of spinach and mixed greens. Then I grabbed what was in my refrigerator – cherry tomatoes, sliced zucchini and cucumber, red pepper slices, and shredded carrots. I’m a believer that there’s no such thing as too much cheese so a I added a little goat cheese crumble on top and finally some pepitas (squash seeds).
Then came the best part – the Aloe Select Raspberry Vinaigrette:
Aloe Select Raspberry Vinaigrette
This light and fruity vinaigrette will be a hit at your next get together. With a touch of Aloe, it also adds some extra health kick to your meal.
Whisk Aloe Select, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
Add garlic and mashed raspberries and whisk until evenly distributed.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Create a salad to your tastes and make it even better by adding your fresh vinaigrette.
Make your salad using any combination of greens, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and cheeses that you like! Just a few suggestions:
- Greens: spinach, arugula, romaine lettuce, bitter greens, spring mix
- Vegetables: tomato, cucumber, red pepper, snap peas, broccoli, zucchini
- Fruit: apple, pear, oranges, dried cranberries
- Cheeses: goat, feta, shredded parmesan or romano, mozarella
- Nuts: sunflower seeds, sliced roasted almonds, pumpkin seeds
This recipe is so flexible:
- Use strawberries or blackberries
- Use shallots instead of garlic (or use some of each)
- Add your favorite herbs
- Change the ratio of Aloe Select to oil - or use all Aloe Select
This post is also available in: