In January of each year, Univera is required to file the appropriate tax reporting documents with US and Canadian authorities to report income earned within certain guidelines. To do this, we use the information you currently have listed on your account. If the name on your account does not match what is on your tax return, this could result in a potentially costly reporting error and potentially trigger a tax audit.
The IRS imposed fines on a number of Associates who supplied Univera with inaccurate information. We do everything we can to help Associates correct issues to avoid fines, but this can be a time-consuming and frustrating effort for all involved.
These hassles could be easily avoided by checking to make sure your legal name is on your account. For instance, if the name on a Social Security card is Jonathan Z Abernathy and the account is listed under Johnny Abernathy, it will result in an error. With the new year fast approaching, this is a perfect time to verify all of your information – especially your name and Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number, or Tax Identification Number and your current mailing address.
How to verify your legal contact information:
- By Nov 30th 2020
- Log into your account on newunivera.com
- Click into “Back Office” under the “My Account” link in the upper right of the browser window
- Select “Account Profile” in the left hand column
- Verify that your name and last four digits of your SSN (US) or last 3 digits of your SIN (Canada) in the
Information box matches your Social Security card or other identification records. Make sure the mailing address on file is up-to-date to avoid losing your tax form.
- If any information does not match, please contact Customer Care at 877-627-4787 in the US or 800-363-1890 in CAN to correct it.
We thank you for taking just a moment of your time to check before the end of November!